Thackeray’s trailer has been released today. Thackeray is releasing on january 25,2019 in hindi and in marathi as well. This film is based on the life of Bal Thackeray. Nawazuddin Siddqui plays the titular role of Shiv Sena founder Balasaheb Thackeray and Amrita Rao plays the role of his wife Meena Tai Thackeray. The film is directed by Abhijit Panse. The beginning of the trailer is from a scene of a riot. Many scenes related to Hindu-Muslim disputed riots have been shown. At the same time both the origins of the Thackeray era and its peak are shown.
The political conditions of the 90s has been shown in which he was accused of playing a suspect role in the demolition of the Babri Masjid. At the same time, it has also been shown that how Maharashtra’s Bal Thackeray finally becomes Balasaheb Thackeray of politics. The movie is shown from the then Union Home Minister Morarji Desai to then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
We can see in the trailer that Nawazuddin Siddiqui has well played the role of Thackeray. Dialogues are also strong.
Some of the dialogues are here:
1. “Bhikh mangne se achha hai gunda bankar apna haq jeetna”.
2. “Janta ke kaam ke liye janta ke bich me jana Padega, ek sangathan ki shuruat karni hogi.”
3. “Main jab bhi kahta hun Jai Maharashtra to Jai Hind pahle kahta hun, ‘Jai hind’, ‘Jai Maharashtra’. Mere liye desh sabse pahle hai Rajya Baad me.”
4. “Mere kandhe par jo ye hai na wo desh ka loktantra hai.”
5. “Main sahi hun ya galat iska faisla aap nahi desh ki janta karegi, kyunki mai sabse upar janta ki adalat ko manta hun.”
You can watch the trailer here: